Conference Tracks Accepted papers will be organized around parallel paper tracks encompassing:
1. Science, technology and innovation for sustainable development: policy and practice.
2. Agricultural innovation systems and development of rural areas.
3. Strengthening national, regional and local innovation systems: the role of key actors.
4. Creative industries, smart cities and sustainable urban development.
5. Economic and social upgrading: trade policies, FDI, value chains and innovation networks
6. Entrepreneurship, employability and innovation management.
7. Innovation for inclusive development: gender dimension, indigenous knowledge, informal economy, micro and small enterprises.
8. Systemic innovation policies, Complexity, Transformative innovation Policies and Mission oriented innovation policies, in developing countries.
9. Industry 4.0, digitalization and automatization: impacts and challenges for less developed countries.
10. The green economy, environmental technologies and renewable energy
11. Catching-up, Leapfrogging and Structural transformation
12. Democracy and science, technology and innovation research and policy agenda